Finding the right cookware can be a challenge. There are so many different kinds to choose from and most people don't know the pros and cons of the different types which is what I will outline for you to make it easy to get the basics of 5 of the more popular types on the market today. In the end it is really up to personal preference and budget, I will do my best to give you some basic knowledge. Regardless of what cookware you decide to buy always follow the manufatures directions for cleaning and care from day one so that your investment will last longer and stay non stick year after year.
Don't miss the cupons at the bottom of this post!
Aluminum Cookware has great conductive properties which means your food will heat up quickly and evenly making an all around enjoyable cooking experience. Now if you watch the news at all I'm sure you have heard of the controversy surrounding the safety of aluminum cookware. On one hand people are saying it is a contributing factor in Alzheimer’s disease and others are saying that the amounts of aluminum from cookware is to small to effect us. What I do know for sure is that aluminum is reactive with the foods we cook in it especially if the foods are acidic. This means that aluminum can change the taste and even the color of your foods. I will not recommend any product that I feel might be unsafe but this set is stainless with aluminum and copper clad bottom which means your food will not come in contact with any aluminum but you still get the benefit of it's fast and even cooking properties.
Cast Iron has got to be one of the best pans for fried chicken, bacon, and cornbread. Cast iron heats slowly but don't get impatient with it because once it does get hot it holds the heat and has an amazing ability to brown meat and crisp bacon. It also makes cornbread to die for. The only real downside is the cost. It is a bit of an investment but you get what you pay for. Cast iron will last forever! this set comes in 4 colors!
Porcelain Enamel is in my opinion great cookware it can go from the stove top to the oven to the fridge or freezer so it is very versatile plus a quality set will last forever if you take good care of it. There are just a couple things to know about it. Don't use this for extremely high heat I believe most sets are ok up to 400 degrees and be careful not to drop it because it can chip the porcelain. But for every day use this makes a great durable and easy to clean set and the price is definatly right. You can not find a better set of cookware at this price. I mean seriously $160 for the entire set. This set gets my "Best Bang for your Buck" Award . Truely a no brainer
No comments:
Post a Comment